- Welcome to The Hummingbird Card Company Limited Terms and Conditions, herein after referred to as Hummingbird. These terms and conditions apply to the use of www.hummingbirdcards.co.uk. By accessing this site and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by these terms. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before placing an order.
- The www.hummingbirdcards.co.uk website is operated by Hummingbird, whose registered office is The Studio,
66 Burton Road,
LE65 2LN. Our company registered number is 640 8131.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
- The content of the website and samples are for your personal use only and you may not download the content (unless indicated), copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publish or commercially exploit or create derivative work from the content or samples.
- Unless otherwise stated the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all material (including, without limitation, photographs and graphical images) are the property of Hummingbird.
- Hummingbird reserves the right to change the prices of our products. All products are charged at the price shown on the date an order is placed. All our prices are shown in Pounds Sterling.
- Reproduction of colours and images are as close as possible but they may vary slightly from the photographs shown. Our sample service and your proof will more accurately reflect your chosen product, although final production may vary slightly.
- All designs are hand finished and made to order, so slight variations may occur. Due to the delicate nature and manufacturing of laser cutting small areas may appear slightly burnished or scorched and card sizes and placements may vary slightly. The above variations are part of the manufacturing process and do not constitute grounds for complaint or replacement/refunds. Care should be taken when handling your cards and when inserting them into envelopes - you will receive your cards in perfect condition and we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused after you have signed for them. All orders are subject to paper/ card/ component availability. Should any item be unavailable we will inform you and propose a similar alternative. We reserve the right to make substitutions to ensure the highest quality possible within the price quoted.
- If you request a sample pack you will receive a sample of the design you requested, a selection of card colours and your requested ribbon colours. There will be a £5.00 charge which is refundable against your first order. Samples will only be sent once payment has been received and cleared via debit card, banker's draught or cheque (made payable to: The Hummingbird Card Company Ltd). Occasionally we may not be able to supply your chosen design on the specific card colour you requested therefore we will provide your chosen design and a separate swatch of the card colour of your choice.
- Proof copies of your personal wording insert will be sent to you for approval once we have received a fully completed order form and full payment for the order has cleared. Once you are happy with the final proof and we have received your approval in writing (either by email or post) we will proceed with your order. Due to time restrictions only two amendments of proofs can be sent for approval, so please check carefully. All items remain the property of Hummingbird until paid for in full. If further changes to wording are required after proofs have been produced this will incur a £20 re-work fee per layout.
- Any changes made once proofs have been produced and approved and have not been printed will be subject to additional charges.
- If you request our bespoke design service a payment starting from £250 will be requested in advance (price depends on complexity of design). We allow one set of amendments to be made to your design free of charge, thereafter changes will be charged at an hourly rate of £25.00. Once you have received proofs of your design and approved them the full payment will be taken and your order will be processed.
- If you wish to cancel an order you must notify us in writing immediately, quoting your order number, to email@example.com. If we are notified (as above) prior to your first proof being produced a full refund will be given. If you cancel after a proof has been produced but before the order has gone to production we will refund the full amount, less an administration fee of £100. If an order has gone into production, as all orders are personalized with your individual details, no refunds or exchanges will be allowed.
- Any refunds or exchanges will be at our sole discretion and will only be made if the stationery is faulty or does not meet the specifications of your order.
- All Hummingbird orders will be sent by courier. Delivery charges will vary depending upon weight, size of your order and delivery service requested. All orders will require a signature. If there is any sign of damage to the packaging at the time of delivery, the goods must be inspected in front of the courier and if the order has sustained any damage whatsoever, the goods must be refused and returned to the courier. Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only. We cannot be liable for delays in delivery due to the courier service, or other circumstances beyond our control.
- All orders are carefully packed to avoid damage in delivery, and any damage must therefore be notified immediately on receipt of the goods. Responsibility for damage to or loss of goods shall pass to the customer at the time of accepting delivery.
- If you feel that there are any discrepancies with your order these must be communicated within 24 hours to us and confirmed in writing within 7 days.
- In the event of a claim, for defectively produced goods, settlement will be limited to a maximum of the total value of the goods, and Hummingbird do not accept any liability in respect of any consequential losses howsoever they may be caused.
- Hummingbird will not be liable to the customer or be deemed in breach of this agreement by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform any of Hummingbird's obligations in relation to the goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Hummingbird's reasonable control. The following shall be regarded as non-exclusive examples of causes beyond Hummingbird's reasonable control:
- Act of God, flood, explosion, fire or accident.
- War or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition.
- Acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of governmental, parliamentary or local authority
- Import or export regulations or embargoes
- Strikes, lock-outs or any other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of Hummingbird or of a third party)
- Difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery.
- Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
- Any dispute claims or proceedings of whatever nature between Hummingbird and the Customer in connection with or arising out of the validity, construction or performance of this agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of The High Court of England and Wales, to which both parties irrevocably submit. The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by English Law.
- We cannot be held responsible for damage which occurs when you post individual items to your guests.
- Hummingbird will not share any information that you provide with any third party. The information you pass onto us will enable us to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to invoice you and contact you when necessary concerning your orders. We may also use and analyse the information we collect to improve and develop our business.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
The Hummingbird Card Company.
All designs copyright protected by The Hummingbird Card Company,
66 Burton Road,