Covid Wedding News
After everything, we’ve all been through, from today onwards weddings can increase in numbers but sadly other restrictions have not been lifted for weddings and receptions for another 5 weeks. Many couples with imminent weddings are understandably extremely disappointed that June 21st will not bring the freedoms we all wanted. We just have to look for the good and feel a little more positive though. Things can only get better, so let’s look forward.
Here’s a little update on the new guidance, but you must speak to your venue, wedding planner, caterers and marquee companies, to understand all the rules and regulations.
- Caps have been lifted on the number of guests you can have at a wedding.
- Outdoor weddings are pretty flexible based on the initial guidance, we just wait to hear more details.
- It looks like we will have normal weddings by the 19th July.
- Dancing is only advised against, but dance floors are banned.
- Masks must still be worn indoors unless seated for food and drink.
- There is no requirement for tables of six, or even for guests to be on socially distanced tables.
- All food and drink must be served to tables, inside and outside at venues. In private gardens, this is advisory only outside.
- Musicians and DJ’s are permitted and must follow performing arts guidance generally.
- 50% of the sides of a marquee must be open in order for it to be considered outdoors.
- Private gardens are permitted and must be outdoor only. The exception to this is where someone is seriously ill and not expected to recover, in which case 30 guests can be inside a private dwelling. otherwise, the rule of six, or two households applies indoors.
For more information you can check out all the latest updates at What About Weddings who are doing an amazing job keeping suppliers and couples updated with all the latest news as its released.
We know all the information is complicated, confusing, contradictory and completely MIND-BLOWING! But through all this, we must support each other, and most of all be kind and compassionate to everyone we meet along the way. We’re all struggling, so let’s struggle together, let’s show empathy and work things out as we go. Here at Hummingbird, like all our colleagues and wedding suppliers in the wedding business, we are poised to help make dreams come true.
To all couples, you DESERVE the best bloomin’ day ever!